Sponsor A Worker

(Long Term Worker)

Non-EEA nationals who have been sponsored by a licenced organisation in the UK will need a visa to work. This also applies to EEA nationals who have arrived in the UK after 1 January 2021.

The type of visa your employee will need depends on the type of job role they have been sponsored to do:

Skilled worker [Tier 2 (General)] – is for workers who have an offer of a skilled job from an employer in the UK that cannot be filled by a settled worker and includes workers coming to the UK to fill shortage occupations

Intra-company transfer [Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer)] – is for an existing employee of a multinational employer who needs to be transferred by the overseas employer to a UK branch which is linked by common ownership or control; for training purposes or to fill a specific vacancy that cannot be filled by a settled worker. There are 2 sub-categories of this category – intra-company trainee and intra-company graduate.

T2 Sportsperson [Tier 2 (Sportsperson)] is for elite sports people and coaches who are internationally established at the highest level and whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport at the highest level in the UK, and who will base themselves in the UK

T2 Minister of Religion [Tier 2 (Minister of Religion)] religious workers who have an offer of a job within a faith community, such as, a minister of religion, missionary, or member of a religious order, in the UK

Employers seeking to recruit migrant workers must have a Sponsor Licence.

Contact us for expert advice and assistance

 0208 902 6110

Or you can book a consultation