Whilst we make every effort to provide you with great service, you may feel the need complain, if so we will do our best to resolve your problem.


CILEx Regulation requires all self-employed practitioners registered with the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) to have an internal complaints procedure. The purpose of the internal complaints procedure is to improve the quality of service that we give to our clients.

Making your Complaint

You may be complaining about any element of service that you receive or a member of staff who is dealing with your case. As outlined in your ‘Client Care Letter’ you can contact the Principal of our firm, Mrs E N Ndirika.

Methods of contact:

Telephone: 02089026110,
Post: 79 College Road, Harrow, Greater London, HA1 1BD

To allow us to best handle your complaint we ask that you provide us with:

(a) your name, address and your TLS reference number;
(b) details of the nature of your complaint; and
(c) any remedies that you would like to propose.

How we will proceed

Once your complaint is received we aim to acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 5 working days. Our Principal, Mrs E N Ndirika, will then undertake a full review of your file and may invite you for an appointment to discuss your complaint.

If after your appointment you do not feel your complaint has been resolved appropriately we will provide you with a ‘Complaint Form’ to formally summarise and record your complaint.

If the nature of your complaint demands it we may interview members of staff concerning the matter or we may ask you to arrange an appointment to discuss the details of your complaint further.

We will attempt to deal with your complaint as quickly as possible and would hope to resolve your matter within 1 month from the date of receiving your complaint. However, some investigations may take longer to complete.

If your complaint is upheld you will be duly informed of how we feel your complaint can be best remedied.

If you are not satisfied

In the event that our proposed remedy is not sufficient you have a number of options open to you.

Request for Review

Once you have received a response to your complaint, in the event that you are not satisfied with our findings or proposed remedy, you may request a review.

This provides an opportunity to make any counter arguments which have not been considered or to suggest counter proposals.

We ask that requests for review be sent to us in writing to Mrs Evelyn Ndirika at the address stated above.

Service Complaints:

Service complaints relate to the quality of the service that is provided to clients. Service issues include allegations about delay, failure to keep clients updated on progress of cases or costs matters.

To escalate these complaints you should contact the Legal Ombudsman:

Legal Ombudsman
PO Box 6806

Telephone: 0300 555 0333


You may contact the Legal Ombudsman after 8 weeks from the date we received your complaint, if you are not content that your complaint has been resolved to your satisfaction.

Please also note that the Legal Ombudsman will not normally consider your complaint unless it meets the following conditions:

  • You are referring your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months of our final response.
  • You are referring your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within 6 years of the problem occurring, or within 3 years from when you found out about it.


Conduct Complaints

These complaints relate to the conduct of members and may cover matters such as the competence of members and misappropriation of client money.

Conduct complaints are dealt with by CILEx Regulation, the body who regulate our service.

CILEx Regulation
Kempston Manor
MK42 7AB

Telephone: 01234 845770


You have the right to complain free of charge to CILEx Regulation about an issue of misconduct of a CILEx member. Complaints must be made within 12 months of the event that gave rise to the complaint or within 12 months of your becoming aware and having knowledge of the events, whichever is the later.

Alternative Dispute Resolution Body

If you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint you may engage the services of an Alternative Dispute Resolution Body. Neither we nor you are obligated to use the services of an ADR however either of us may suggest to use such a body during the course of the complaint to assist in reaching a resolution. We have no policy dictating that we intend to use ADR in every case, the use of such services will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Please note however, TLS are not in a position to endorse the services of any particular ADR body and the timescale for contacting an ADR Body is 12 months.

Examples of ADR bodies include:

ADR Group:

*Approved ADR bodies are subject to change, an up to date list of ADR bodies can be found by visiting