Intra Company Transfer
The Intra-Company Transfer (formerly Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa) is for existing employees of multinational employers who need to be transferred to the UK branch for training or to fill a specific vacancy. You organisation must hold a sponsor licence.
There are two subcategories in this visa route:
- Intra-company transfer (formerly Long-term staff) and
- Intra-company Graduate Trainee (formerly Graduate Trainee)
Intra-Company Transfer Route
This route is for employees who have been working for their employer for 12 months and will be filling a skilled position in the UK.
- The job must meet the minimum skill level 6 or above on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (graduate level).
- The minimum salary on offer must be £41,500 per year, or the minimum for your job, whichever is higher and going rate requirement for these routes.
The employee can be granted permission to stay in the Intra Company route for a cumulative total of 5 years in any 6-year period. If the employee is a high earner (i.e. earning a gross salary of £73,900), they can be granted a cumulative total of 9 years in a 10 year period.
Intra-company Graduate Trainee
This route is for graduate recruits who are being transferred to the UK branch of your organisation for the purpose of training.
- The graduate recruit must have been employed by the organisation outside of the UK as part of a graduate training programme for at least 3 months before the application
- The job must meet the minimum skill level 6 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
- The minimum salary in offer must be £23,000 per year, or the minimum for your exact job, whichever is higher.
Graduate trainees can be granted for a period of up to 12 months at any one time. They can stay in the UK for a cumulative total of 5 years in any 6 year period.
If you wish to employ a person who is not a settled worker, you will need a sponsor licence.
In both categories, you must meet the English Language Requirement and have sufficient funds to support yourself and any dependants as you will not have access to public funds.