The Innovator visa is for experienced entrepreneurs seeking to establish an innovative business in the UK.
You will need to be endorsed by an authorised endorsing body.
You can be setting up a new business or developing the same business as the one you set up when you had a start up visa or a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Visa. There are different requirements depending on whether you are setting up a new business or the same business:
Your endorsing body needs to confirm:
- You have generated or made a significant contribution to the ideas in your business plan and will have an active day to day role in implementing this
- Your business has been considered innovative, viable and scalable
- You have at least £50,000 to invest or you have already invested £50,000 in your business
This category is for individuals who were last granted in the Innovator, Start-up or Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) route and have had their business endorsed by an authorised endorsing body.
The endorsing body needs to confirm that:
- Your business is active, trading and sustainable
- You are actively involved in the day to day management of the business
All applicants must meet the English and Maintenance requirement.
You can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (Settlement) after 3 years on the Innovator route.