Health Sector

A Health and Care Worker visa allows medical professionals to come to or stay in the UK to do an eligible job.

To qualify for the Health and Care Worker visa an applicant must be employed or engaged either by an NHS body or trust, an NHS commissioned service provider or one of several other medical and social care organisations listed in the guidance.

You must also be taking up a role in one of the following prescribed occupations:

  • Biological scientists and biochemists
  • Physical Scientists
  • Medical Practitioners
  • Psychologists
  • Pharmacists
  • Ophthalmic Opticians
  • Dental practitioners
  • Medical Radiographers
  • Podiatrists
  • Health Professionals not elsewhere classified
  • Physiotherapists
  • Occupational Therapists
  • Speech and Language Therapists
  • Therapy professionals not elsewhere classified
  • Nurses
  • Midwives
  • Social Workers
  • Paramedics

Individuals applying for the Health and Care Visa will need to meet all relevant criteria including:

  • having a valid Certificate of Sponsorship
  • evidence of an appropriate salary, which meets the relevant salary threshold
  • knowledge of the English language
  • having sufficient personal savings when arriving in the UK
  • a valid tuberculosis test results (if from a listed country)

Contact us for expert advice and assistance

 0208 902 6110

Or you can book a consultation