Expanding your Business into the UK – Sole Representative Visa

The Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa category allows overseas businesses to send a senior employee to the UK to set up and run a UK branch or wholly-owned subsidiary of the overseas parent company.

In order for you to qualify for a Sole Representative of an overseas business visa you will need to show that:

  • You are a senior employee in the business;
  • You have been recruited outside of the UK;
  • You have full authority to take operational decisions on behalf of the business;
  • You do not hold more than 50% of the shares in the business;
  • You do not intend to take employment other than for your business;

Your overseas company must be a genuine, trading business and must not have a branch, subsidiary or other representative already in the UK.

Indefinite leave to remain (ILR) can be achieved after 5 years in the Representative of an Overseas Business visa category.

The exact requirements that you will need to satisfy will vary depending on your circumstances. 

Our Service

Templeton Legal Services can provide you with expert advice and support with your Sole Representative Visa. Contact us now for our assistance.

Contact us for expert advice and assistance

 0208 902 6110

Or you can book a consultation