You will need to apply for a visa if you would like to come to the UK on a business trip.
A Business Visitor visa allows you to visit the UK for business and work-related reasons for a maximum continuous period of 6 months.
To qualify you must:
- Be a genuine visitor
- Intend to leave once you have carried out your permitted activities for your job
- Not make the UK your home by visiting regularly
- Have enough money to support yourself during your visit
- Not receive payment for any extra activities carried out in the UK unless it is a “permitted paid engagement”
- Not engage in prohibited activities, such as setting up a business in the UK or charging members of the public for services or goods received
- Not intend to take on any other work in the UK, outside of what you’ve travelled for
You may engage in permitted business activities such as:
- Attend meetings, conferences, seminars, interviews
- Negotiate and sign deals and contracts
- Attend, trade fairs for promotional purposes only